11.1.06

A Nation Betrayed

A Nation Betrayed

Secret Cold War Experiments Performed
On our Children and Other Innocent People

The Central Intelligence Agency [CIA] bought my services at the tender age of four from my grandfather in 1952. Over the next 12 years, I was tested, trained, and used in various ways.

Electroshock, drugs, hypnosis, sensory deprivation, and other types of trauma were used to make me compliant and split my personality (create multiple personalities for specific tasks).
Each alter or personality was created to respond to a post-hypnotic trigger, then perform an act and not remember it later. This “Manchurian Candidate” program [1] was just one of the operational uses of the mind control scenario by the CIA. Your hard earned tax dollars supported this. P. xvii

The CIA financed research project code-named MKULTRA was established to counter Soviet and Chinese advances in brainwashing and interrogation techniques. It consisted of 149 subprojects contracted out to at least 80 institutions.

It was designed to study the use of biological and chemical materials in altering human behavior. CIA Director Allen Dulles approved MKULTRA on April 13, 1953. Twenty years after the conception of the MKULTRA project, all known files pertaining to it were ordered destroyed by [then CIA Director] Richard Helms before he retired.

In 1977, through a Freedom of Information Act [FOIA] request, 16,000 pages of mind control documents were found, held as part of the Agency’s financial history. Most of the important details were conveniently destroyed to conceal their wrongdoing. p. xvi, xvii

As a survivor of CIA programs Bluebird/Artichoke [2] and MKULTRA, I began my intense search to document some of the mind control experiments that I was made part of. 48 years after I was first experimented on, through a series of FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] requests to various departments of the government, I found solid proof of my memories—nearly 18,000 pages of declassified documents from the Bluebird/Artichoke and MKULTRA programs that validate my personal experiences. P. xvii

One of the documents states, [3] “Learning studies will be instituted in which the subject will be rewarded or punished for his overall performance and reinforced in various ways—with electric shock, etc. In other cases drugs and psychological tricks will be used to modify attitudes. The experimenters will be particularly interested in dissociative states [multiple personalities or alters], and an attempt will be made to induce a number of states of this kind, using hypnosis.” The government had finally handed me the validation I had been searching for. P. xvii, xviii

My goal in writing this book is to expose the misuse of power that took place in this country during the Cold War. Thousands of innocent children who have now grown into adults are silently suffering from the effects of experiments that were done to them by their own government. Many have been diagnosed incorrectly and institutionalized. Some died because they knew too much. Others, like myself, were able to obtain competent medical help, and are struggling to heal from the physical and mental ravages upon our beings. P. xviii

For skeptics, no proof will be enough. For others, like myself, unraveling the bizarre nature of my memories has allowed me to regain control of my life. My greatest gift of healing has been to no longer operate out of fear, but from a rational, logical based reality. Will we let this story lay in the shadows forever, or do we have the courage to address these wrongs and give survivors back their voices? You be the judge. P. xix

No comments:

Photobucket