14.9.08

About GRSites

About GRSites

Yes, I do appreciate your work.

About GRSites.com
Hi, I'm Gabriel Ross. I designed and have been maintaining GRSites.com since 1997. Now you know where the "GR" in the address comes from! :-)

I live in Montreal, Canada, with my lovely wife Kaamini and my sons Nathan and Alexandre.

I am actually a scientist by training, I am completing a Ph.D. in Neuroscience at McGill University. Our laboratory focuses on understanding the molecular mechanisms of memory in the brain.

This web site began a decade ago when I found myself having trouble finding a good background texture for my first web site (long gone!) and realizing that the internet needed a good comprehensive archive of textures for use in web pages. So I made one myself, and since then it seems to have become the most popular one. I also created a web graphics archive, as well as one of fonts and sound effects.

Eventually, features were added that allows you to customize the background textures in interesting ways. And more recently, I created the Button Maker, Logo Maker, and Menu Maker features which have proven very popular indeed.

There's a whole lot more in progress at GRSites.com that you won't find anywhere else on the web, at least not for free: realistic 3D logos, complex animated Flash logos and menu systems, beautiful new button types, all fully customizable.

I hope you enjoy the site as much as I enjoy making it for you...

No comments:

Photobucket